Schneider Electric Global Directory Services – Projects & Partners Lead in Barcelona, Spain
Have you ever thought about how unsustainable is our way of consuming energy? Don´t you consider that access to energy should be a right and not a privilege? We are the global specialist in energy management and automation, and we work every day for finding more sustainable, efficient and safe ways of managing energy consumption.
We create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Join us and be a part of the energy revolution!
Which is your mission?
User Lifecycle (ULC) department is part of the Employee Experience division and leads 3 streams:
- Stream 1: Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Stream 2: Global Directory Services (GDS), which manages Active Directory (AD)
- Stream 3: Remedy (ITSM)
ULC department is in charge of the maintenance in operational conditions (MOC) of the 3 streams solutions.
Global Directory Services lead 3 teams:
- Excellence Center
- Project & Partner
- Security & Compliance
As a key member of the GDS team and lead of the “Project & Partners” stream, you will be in charge of:
- Defining and deploying the strategy to secure relationships between:
- External IT providers (i.e. Support, Infrastructure and Operations, etc.) and GDS Team
- Internal clients (i.e. HR, Identity Access Management) and providers (i.e.: Connectivity, Delivery & Operations)
- Managing the day-to-day operations related to the GDS project & partners management team including the capacity planning.
Your daily tasks will also include:
- Team management
- Manage a team of 6 Project Managers and Service Provider Relationship Managers (located in Europe, US, India and China).
- Project management
- Represent the GDS Team as the first point of contact for the whole project including GDS Services
- Ensure proper Schneider-Electric project methodology application to all projects
- Ensure proper management project methodology is applied in the case of an acquisition (impact analysis on the Global Directory Services infrastructure and team)
- Ensure delivery service satisfaction from business teams and other IT service teams based on the GDS Service Catalog
- Design, document and implement processes aligned with best practices to enhance production delivery
- Define and produce Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to monitor providers support teams and ensure they follow contractual guidelines
- Ensure contracts, roles and responsibilities with GDS providers are applied following proper metrics defined across the regions
- Lead / prepare governance meetings to provide visibility to top management on projects / run activities
- Implement regular governance meetings with internal teams who depend on GDS team to ensure good communication, understanding and alignment within all teams.
Key skills and requirements:
- Record of leadership in a global, remote, team-oriented environment, working well in a fast-paced environment, and meeting multiple, concurrent deadlines
- Experience of team management, PM function, risks management, issues and governance logs
- Experience of handling secure documentation is desirable
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of International PM Frameworks: PMBOK
- Willing to travel
- Making a constructive contribution to project management processes
- Experience of working with virtual teams
- Strong collaboration skills for close coordination with multiple teams
- Strong analytical & reporting skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict-resolution skills in order to manage relationships with global providers
- Technical competency and understanding of technology (not only Active Directory)
- Outstanding skills and experience in coaching and mentoring teams
At Schneider Electric we want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We embrace a high-performance culture by being straightforward, open, passionate and effective and challenging the status quo.
- 8-10+ years of experience in Project Management
- Masters of Science (MS) or Bachelor of Science (BS) or Associates (AS) degrees in Applied Science, Computing, Engineering, or IT
- Fluency in English, Spanish is a plus
- Master of PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Excellent oral and communication skills
What do we offer?
Schneider Electric offers these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
Competitive salary according to the experience
Flexible compensation program (employees are benefited from tax advantages): Ticket Restaurant, Health Insurance, Ticket Nursery, Ticket Transport, Training
Company shareholding program (“WESOP”) which gives employees the possibility to become Schneider Electric shareholders on preferential conditions.
Club Schneider: multiple discounts in products or services.
Training plan and access to our training platform where you can develop your professional and personal skills
Global recognition program
Flexible Working time
Well-being labs (yoga, Zumba, running, walking and others!)
Opportunities to develop your professional career
Cool site in the amazing Barcelona city!
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
Primary Location: Spain-Catalonia-Barcelona
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 003L2R