Marriott Vacations Worldwide Lifeguard - Socorrista in Llucmajor, Spain
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Use appropriate rescue techniques if observing swimmers in need of assistance. Observe the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility. Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager. Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests. Obtain, fold, and stack towels according to company procedures. Wash, mop, and clean the pool deck.
Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow company policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines; move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Recreation Communication and Coordination
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas by expressing an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
Recreation Facilities Safety
- Observe activity in the recreational facility and respond appropriately in accordance with local operating procedure in the event of an emergency.
- Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility (fitness center, pool/beach, tennis courts, skiing area) intended for the safety and welfare of guests and members.
- Follow company policy and procedure for working with children (e.g., use of waiver forms).
- Complete any certifications/training required by law or manufacturer to instruct guests/clients on the use of equipment.
Recreation Equipment and Supplies
- Obtain required number of towels from Laundry based on expected daily needs, transport to work area (fitness center, locker room, pool, tennis court), and fold and stack according to company procedures.
Recreation and Fitness Area Maintenance
- Wash, mop, and clean the pool deck.
Water Safety and Recreation
- Use appropriate rescue techniques if observing swimmers who need assistance.
- Rescue swimmers in trouble using poolside rescue equipment.
- Monitor the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to provide a clean and safe environment.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Maintain awareness of suspicious activity on property premises and report any suspicious activity to a supervisor/ manager.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify any unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management/ Loss Prevention personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Safety Orientation
- Positive Demeanor
- Fitness Equipment
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Any certification/training required by local/state agencies
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled