Marriott Vacations Worldwide Marketplace Attendant in Llucmajor, Spain
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Greet customers when they enter the shop, offer assistance in locating merchandise, and respond to questions regarding merchandise. Display merchandise in a neat, eye-appealing manner. Restock items as necessary, check expiration dates, and discard expired items. Keep storeroom neat and clean. Complete customer purchases, process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges. Verify customer identification as required. Maintain appropriate cash levels in cash drawer, turn in all property monies and receipts, and ensure deposits/cash drops are verified. Follow checklist for opening and closing shop. Secure shop and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; move, lift, or carry objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Keep storeroom neat and clean at all times.
- Restock items as necessary based on demand and to maintain the visual appearance of merchandise displays.
- Check expiration dates and discard expired items.
- Display merchandise in a neat, eye-appealing manner that makes people want to buy.
- Place newspapers out for display, count and log amount.
- Fold and refold all retail-clothing items, including buttoning, zipping, and fastening belts on hung clothes.
- Respond to customer questions regarding merchandise by providing information about product choices, uses, features, and pricing.
- Greet customers when they enter shop, and offer assistance in locating merchandise.
- Process all payment types properly, such as cash, checks, debit, gift certificates, or credit.
- Verify customer identification as required for check, credit card, and similar transactions.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws and company guidelines when selling age restricted items.
- Complete customer purchases by scanning merchandise or inputting price into register quickly and accurately.
- Operate MICROS cash register equipment, (e.g., register scanner, handheld scanners, printer, handheld terminal, and signature capture device) to complete a sales transaction.
- Control, organize, monitor, and maintain appropriate cash levels in cash drawer.
- Process merchandise returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- Secure shop to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
- Monitor all customer activity in shop to identify any sign of trouble or theft and notify Security if needed.
Safety and Maintenance
- Organize and clean shop and equipment during shift, removing all trash, cleaning/dusting work area and organizing all retail items.
- Follow opening checklist and address any unresolved issues from the previous shift.
- Follow checklist for cleaning shop before closing to ensure shop is ready for opening.
- Ensure proper backup and safety precautions when handling gift certificate/card information.
- Turn in all property monies and receipts and return bank to safety deposit box.
- Ensure deposits/cash drops are verified by someone else, preferably management.
- Verify that the issued bank contains the correct amount and notify manager/supervisor if there is a discrepancy.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIESInterpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Positive Demeanor
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled