Ericsson IT System Expert Cloud Adaptations in Madrid, Spain
Today operators & enterprise customers are looking into how they can reduce their costs associated to their IT infrastructure as well as how to decouple their network functions and applications from physical dependencies on bare metal monolithic architectures and OS’s. They are also looking at how to utilize their resources optimally. They are in a unique position to use future proof scalable, on-demand, automated, private, public and hybrid cloud solutions to secure service quality and security management. The main needs are as follows: minimize up-front investments, minimize operational (recurrent) costs – adopting cloud technologies while keeping outsourcing, energy, and data center expenses at bay, maximize resource utilization, identify underutilized resources, create compelling service offerings introducing new services that fully exploit the elasticity of cloud resources, become more agile without compromising service quality, differentiate from over-the-top competitors where the network should play to dramatically improve the customer experience, and guarantee security.
Cloud Solution & NFVI are passing long software engineering cycle and before delivery, requirement engineering, design and software development integrate the components of the solution. However, it is needed to anticipate the requirements of all users, and a single best or optimal system configuration is impossible and development of Customer adaptations integrated with main solution components through open API’s is mandatory: clear understanding of user and task requirements is a challenge in the development of computer-based interactive systems. Customer Adaptation gives guidance on user-centered design activities throughout the life cycle of cloud-based interactive systems.
- Design, develop, configure and implement solutions leveraging NFV-I Architecture & cloud platform(s), considering development complementing product functionality such as portal, back-up & restore, monitoring systems, analytics functionality.
- Will be accountable for developing solutions based on business needs, provide oversight of design patterns and following coding guidelines.
- Will be required to always be driving to provide scalable, maintainable, and high performance solutions that support world class service organizations and leverage Ericsson BICS & ITC WoW’s.
- Work with architects, analysts, partners and developers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Operate in a complex software ecosystem with components like MANO, EE, VIM, VNF Manager, hyperscale HW, etc.
- Design, develop and implement technical solutions and customer adaptations supporting business processes while keeping the big picture and technical architecture in mind.
- Assist in the design and development of required components.
- Find the right balance between configuration, custom development and product features.
- Work with the out of the box declarative capabilities of NFVI solution.
- Provide and receive feedback during peer reviews of source code.
- Review and ensure that the business/technical requirements are understood and translated to a design specification that is consistent with Industry Ericsson development standards.
- Investigate new technology, methods, systems and services for scalable, secure and reliable data distribution and management.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and business analysts during project initiation and gathering user requirements with focus on technical needs.
- Follow documented software development guidelines and improve it when necessary.
- 2-4 years’ experience in virtualized/cloud environments.
- Understanding of the IT market dynamics and technology.
- Deep knowledge in Cloud technologies and standards in the market.
- Competence background in specific Cloud technologies:
- Virtualization – Test design, test execution and customer acceptance
- MANO / VNF App Manager – test execution and customer acceptance. Performance test design.
- SDN Controlling / Infra Automation – Test design, test execution and customer acceptance
- Knowledge on OS’s
- DDBB Admin and Development Knowledge
- Knowledge of Development Frameworks like Waterfall, Scrum, Agile…etc.
- Knowledge of different programming languages and scripting
- SW & asset Management tools.
- Certifications (desirable)
- Ability to identify short and long term business
- Excellent spoken and written English (Spanish language seen as an asset)
- Ability to build strong long-term working relationships with counterparts
- Ability to identify and implement new ways of working, and operational processes
- Ability to interwork with multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, empowering and creating synergies
- Good communicator
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and integrity. Strong driver of one Ericsson.
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Willingness and availability to travel abroad
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || No Selection || Madrid || SharedServ
Req ID: 200115