Ericsson Solution Architect Virtualization VMW Area in Madrid, Spain
Today operators & enterprise customers are looking into how they can reduce their costs associated to their IT infrastructure as well as how to decouple their network functions and applications from physical dependencies on bare metal monolithic architectures and OS’s. They are also looking at how to utilize their resources optimally. They are in a unique position to use future proof scalable, on-demand, automated, private, public and hybrid cloud solutions to secure service quality and security management. The main needs are as follows: minimize up-front investments, minimize operational (recurrent) costs – adopting cloud technologies while keeping outsourcing, energy, and data center expenses at bay, maximize resource utilization, identify underutilized resources, create compelling service offerings introducing new services that fully exploit the elasticity of cloud resources, become more agile without compromising service quality, differentiate from over-the-top competitors where the network should play to dramatically improve the customer experience, and guarantee security.
Ericsson hypervisor virtualization in infrastructure environment for cloud- compute, networking and storage comprises own Ericsson solutions but also 3pp’s like VMWare, Mirantis, KVM, etc,.. that continues to deliver a cloud platform for wider implementations of Network Functions Virtualization and Telco cloud but also establish a position in IT cloud. Virtualization / Hypervisors solutions continues to embrace Open source platforms such as OpenStack, Linux KVM and Open vSwitch and runs on both Ericsson and third party x86 hardware, but also on market standard “de-facto” architectures and platforms like VCAN suites, adding enterprise and carrier grade enhancements to build a differentiated offering to run all workloads including Telco and IT.
The key value proposition of virtualized environment is Performance (improved throughput and latency), Flexible deployment of cloud infra (virtualized controllers and deployment tools) and Rapid deployment of applications (Orchestrated on-demand and template reuse) and end-2-end Security (Secure TLS communication) which are not available from Open source platforms.
- Domain Solution Architecture for Virtualization and hypervisor solution(s) both Ericsson and 3pps (VMWare, Openstack, KVM)
- Scopes, defines and designs Cloud solution offerings
- Requirement specification, architecture, use cases definition & BoM specification where applicable.
- Prepare documentation associated to solution, HLD, LLD, integration points, security, administration, O&M;, users guide, etc. in Cloud virtualization domain.
- Drive feasibility studies.
- Lead either solution, or else roadmap, industrialization, installation or certifications teams under charge.
- Lead and engage with BU and PDUs.
- Appropriate use of Ericsson methodology, tools and resources such as Tools & Resources
- 5-6 years’ experience in cloud virtualized environments.
- Deep understanding of the IT market dynamics
- Strong competence background in specific technologies:
- Virtualization – Test design, test execution and customer acceptance
- Orchestration – Test execution and customer acceptance. Performance test design.
- Hyperscale Architectures – Test design, test execution and customer acceptance
- Good knowledge of all the phases of typical Systems Integration projects in delivery process
- Certifications (desirable)
- Thought leadership and commercial understanding as needed to identify short and long term business
- Excellent spoken and written English (Spanish language seen as an asset)
- Capability in managing and driving change in a large, complex organization
- Ability to build strong long-term working relationships with stakeholders
- Results-oriented and strong business understanding
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps to support fulfillment of business objectives
- Ability to identify and implement new ways of working
- Ability to interwork with multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, empowering and creating synergies
- Strong communicator
- Excellent interpersonal, social and presentation skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and integrity. Strong driver of one Ericsson.
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Willingness and availability to travel abroad
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || No Selection || Madrid || SharedServ
Req ID: 199211