Cigna Underwriting Specialist in Madrid, Spain
Cigna is a global health insurance company, dedicated to its mission of helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. We are a young and dynamic company that is constantly evolving to keep alive the highest concept of wellness and provide our customers the best service.
At Cigna we have the best people; we give the best of ourselves and put passion in everything we do with a strong customer focus.
We are looking for an Underwriting Specialist that, in dependence of Underwriting Manager, will actively participate in the in-depth reviews on Reserving Procedures, Reinsurance's programs, Pricing policies, Renewals terms, and Products analysis-design (profit testing, quote note and all internal requirements to approvals).
She/he will be directly in charge of implement all polices of Reserves, about new products develops and implementations in Pricing Tool. She/he will work closely with other members of the team to conduct the reviews and write the reports.
Others task will be:
- Manage an assigned book of business, focused on attaining profitable growth, persistency, and earnings.
- Performs case-specific risk assessments. Evaluates claim experience and analyzes total case profitability. Become familiar with local competition, networks, and provider discounts to assist with recommendations for sales strategy, conduct development, and market pricing decisions.
- Perform preliminary analysis to identify the keys areas of focus: Reserves (IBNR's/OSLR), Pricing model, Reinsurance policy, Re-pricing strategy, matching figures with financial statements. Need to know how to configure a quote note, actuarial legislation, due diligence and legal requirements advice.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a must.
- Advanced MS Office level, especially on Excel.
- Knowledge in Visual Basic and SQL language.
- Basic understanding of manual rating models and related pricing tools.
- Basic knowledge of pricing adjustments and available plan designs.
- Basic understanding of logic and concepts of Experience Rating to develop claim costs.
- Ability to assess financial risk based on multiple information sources.
- Preferable knowledge of Solvency II legislation.
- The candidate will need depth knowledge about healthcare insurance sector (private and public), players, market share, and channel distribution.
- Renewals procedures, actuarial methodologies, increases rates proposal, high interaction with clients/broker/partner.
Would be great to have:
Understanding and some experience in SAS, Statistic & Forecast programs (Qlik View)
Primary Location: Madrid-Spain
Work Locations: Parque Empresarial La Finca 14 Paseo del Club Deportivo 1 Madrid 28223
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 5:29:48 AM