Amazon.com Procurement Manager, Prime Now Delivery Experience in Pozuelo de Alarcon, Spain
Amazon is looking to hire a passionate, dynamic, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Procurement / Supplier Manager.
This leader will be responsible for the sourcing, vetting, and negotiation of all Delivery Service Provider (DSP) contracts and management across multiple cities in their region related to Prime Now initiatives. He or she will be a highly valued team member and manage the infrastructure and performance for ultra-fast delivery operations in each region. The manager will have a talent for negotiating terms with third-party contractors, great organizational skills, and a passion for building new start-up businesses within the company. A relentless desire to exceed customers’ experiences while optimizing the overall cost-per-delivery model is also essential. Strong bias for action, strategic planning, procurement, quantitative analysis, and the ability to organize and deliver new initiatives across cross-functional operations, business, and contracting partners are prerequisites. The position is part of a high-visibility initiative in the company and will include direct reporting and communication with senior leaders in the company.
The ideal candidate requires strong team leadership experience in the transportation/3rd party logistics industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will be:
• Negotiating and managing contracts and relationships with delivery service providers across numerous cities in the region.
• Building delivery strategy/infrastructure, process precedents, and team for regional ultra-fast delivery operations.
• Forming and managing cross-functional project teams. Planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders.
• Innovating for step-change improvement in delivery safety, quality, and cost metrics.
• Researching and conducting market analysis to partner with local teams to optimize delivery demand and experience for Amazon customers in each local market.
• Partnering with senior managers, directors and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
• Benchmarking Amazon’s internal ultra-fast delivery practices against best-in-class operations.
• Driving global standardization of delivery practices, businesses processes, and reporting with fulfillment center, retail, finance, marketing, engineering, and supply chain stakeholders.
• Knowledge of transportation industry or experience of managing 3rd party suppliers is important.
• Experience of contract negotiations is required.
• Experience of account management and the related service performance is beneficial.
• Candidates must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish are crucial.
• The ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize is required.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
• Experience in or certification in Lean / Six Sigma Manufacturing methodologies.
• Knowledge of other EU language desirable (French or Italian advantageous).
• Experience of new business development or management of DSPs is an advantage.
• Advanced Excel skills.
AMZR Req ID: 545631
External Company URL: www.amazon.com