Defense Commissary Agency Sales Store Checker in Rota, Spain
**DeCA's mission is to deliver a premier Commissary benefit to the Armed Services Community that:
Encourages an exciting shopping experience
Satisfies customer demand for quality grocery and household products
Delivers exceptional savings**
About the Position:
* This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut-off date for referral is 23 January 2017 after this date additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. If you are referred and not selected or receive a letter indicating you were ineligible because of missing documents you must complete a new application package for this vacancy to receive further consideration. If you decline a position covered in this announcement and want to be considered at a later time, you must reapply.*
* This announcement may be used to fill full-time, part-time or intermittent work schedules.*
* This announcement is used to fill permanent or temporary positions.*
Who May Apply:
Only applicants in the LOCAL commuting area who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Applicants eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 may self nominate regardless of geographical location.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Defense Commissary Agency (DECA)
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-DECA)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligbile for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member appointment (FMNP).
As a Sales Store Checker, you will operate an Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) cash register coupled to a scanning system and scale and/or a stand-alone register system to record unit prices, proper accounts (subsistence, meat, produce and sensitive items), purchase totals, surcharge and change. You will scan items or enter proper Look-Up Code for random weight or scaled items such as produce. You will receive and verify change fund and checks register. You will be responsible for answering questions and complaints of customers or refer to a supervisor. You will provide assistance in arriving at solutions according to established policy. You may perform other related duties such as pricing, stocking merchandise, cleaning work area, and may be required to participate in inventories. At the end of shift, you will turn in cash and other media and clean the check stand and surrounding area. In the event of excessive overage/shortage in till, you may be required to count till at start and end of shift.
- Not Required
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
- Work schedules may include night shift and rotating shifts.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
General Experience: To qualify applicants must possess one year of general experience performing progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Examples of general experience are: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work duties that indicate the ability to perform the duties of a Sales Store Checker.
Substitution of Education: Must have completed one years of education above the high school level, which equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position. If you answer "Yes" to this question, you must submit transcripts with your application package.
Combination of Experience and Education: Must have a combination of college education and experience as described above. If you answer "Yes" to this question, you must submit transcripts with your application package.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Ability to operate a Cash Register Knowledge of Cash Control Ability to provide Customer Service
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Must have completed one year of education above the high school level, which equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position. You must submit transcripts with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, U.S. Department of Education website at - http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html Education can be substituted for experience. Review the qualification requirements for specific information.
Foreign Education: Education that has been completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the job requirements. In order to receive credit in the examination for your foreign education, you must have your foreign education evaluated by a private
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel security investigation required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
- This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/460549500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $22,502.00 to $29,252.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-2091-03/03
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion, VEOA eligibles, and Military Spouses)
Control Number: 460549500
Job Announcement Number: EUHU171881540MZ-S