Citi Associate Banker - SE in Spain
Primary Location: Spain,Comunidad de Madrid,Madrid
Job Function: Private Client Coverage
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17041829
An Associate Banker will provide excellent client service in partnership with the Private Bankers within the Southern Europe focused team.
The role works closely with clients and Private Bankers to provide a high level of sales and product experience and support the banker in all aspects of reporting and regulatory requirements. Solid knowledge of bank products and regulatory requirements are required.
The Citi Private Bank, one of the largest private banking businesses in the world, provides professional wealth management services for 26,000 clients globally, including a third of the world’s billionaires, operating in 60 offices in more than 30 countries.
The Citi Private Bank offers unmatched global reach, coupled with a full range of portfolio management and investment advisory services, an array of structured lending and banking services, as well as expertise from Citi's Markets and Banking division.
Citi Private Bank is dedicated to helping clients meet their financial needs and goals. We serve them as a true financial partner and trusted advisor. Our experienced professionals serve the needs of wealthy families, individuals, and entrepreneurs.
Assist bankers & clients in all related matters with a particular focus on:
• Work in partnership with the Private Banker team including CSO to address the financial needs and expectations of the client
• Exceed client expectations by thoroughly understanding problems and providing creative solutions.
• Maintain close contact with clients in conjunction with their assigned Private Bankers.
• Provide direct and indirect sales support to the Private Bankers through joint calls and work closely with product specialists and transactions support personnel to implement client decisions as well as ensuring after-sales follow-up
• Partner with Private Bankers to develop comprehensive understanding of client needs and to assist the Private Bankers in executing specific account strategies, proposing solutions and negotiating standard transactions
• Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements in line with the policies of the CPB
• Provide innovative support in marketing strategies
• Liaise with CAO On-Boarding and Client Services teams.
• Assist the Private Bankers in executing sales strategies for formulating strategies if required.
• Work with specialists and support team in conjunction with Private Banker to implement client decisions
• Understand how to execute transactions across the broad array of Citi products
• Work with client and Private Banker and On-boarding team to facilitate account opening and liaise with client to ensure completion of the mandatory documentation
• Capture and maintain client information, call reports and Banker pipeline reporting
• Participate in client meetings and account reviews to understand the clients requirements if needed.
• Control and complete with your Banker all KYC / IOS reviews and clear document deficiencies
• Work with CSO in all daily cash management duties to escalate to clients and Private Banker
• Maintain learning program through internal courses and external certifications
• Identify ways to streamline internal processes to make them more efficient
• Monitor and adapt to changes in business processes and policies
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work with sophisticated UHNW clients and their requirements. This allows for personal progression in the understanding of regulatory requirements, products, relationship management and sales process roles.
• Proven experience working in a servicing role within the Financial Services sector (Private Banking/Wealth management experience preferred).
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of all CPB banking systems, platforms and capabilities.
• Proven experience in a front office environment dealing directly with clients.
• Pro-active, initiative and driven.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in multiple languages as required.
• Excellent relationship building skills (with clients, and across hierarchical levels and other functions).
• Ability to cope with ambiguity & change – high adaptability.
• Ability to challenge status quo and continuously optimize processes and tasks in own area of responsibility.
• FSA Registered or applicable qualifications.
• Strong client orientation.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions.
• Ability to build effective working relationships across hierarchal levels and functions.
• Is aware of, and effectively manages, risk and compliance related situations in his/her area.
• Numerate, analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer