Mattel Consumer Products Associate in Spain
At Mattel, our vision is_ Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood_. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
In this position you will be part of the of the local Consumer Marketing team and support this team in all back office marketing activities happening in the territory. You will also be responsible for publishing category management. Your primary responsibilitieswill be;
Product Approval Process (10% of the time)
- Act as local contact for all operations related to Mattel Creative tools.
- Monitor all the approval process, from concept to production sample stage.
Marketing Assistance (20% of the time)
- Creates monthly CP Newsletters.
- Trade Advertising materials.
- Maintain sell sheets and Licensee Lists updated.
- Licensee Summits organization.
- Obtaining product samples for different marketing activities.
Administration (25% of the time)
- Data base maintenance; licensees, distributors, buyers and suppliers.
- A&P; management assistance; budget control, create PO’s, new suppliers set up, internal cross charge control.
- Support Category Managers to upload deal in the Rights Logics contract system when necessary.
- Support Forecast and Royalties reports collection.
Publishing Category Management (45% of the time)
- Regional Licensees: maximize its performance locally working closely with its local subsidiaries/distributors in conjunction with the Regional Publishing Sr. Licensing Manager.
- Local licensees; negotiates contracts as well as amendments and renewals; monitors contractual obligations.
- Conducts financial and market analysis of product categories to make recommendations on partnership, product development strategies and new products/categories to pursue. Support Regional Category Manager conducting subsidiary category analysis.
- Builds and manages ongoing relationships with licensees and other business partners.
- Oversees product development process to ensure products from or for assigned licensees/partners meet brand standards and timelines; processes approvals for products to ensure consistent presentation across all licensees/partners.
- Magazines: ensure the monthly content development for each brand meets local Marketing and CP needs and matches with Mattel marketing calendar.
- Collaborates with licensees to resolve distribution, product development and product performance issues and assists licensees to achieve financial goals; acts as liaison between outside partners and internal departments.
- Educates licensees & other business partners about proper brand image & visual representation; ensures marketing synergies & brand alignment between product & Licensing.
- Leads the development and implementation of marketing and other programs to enable licensing business to meet/ exceed objectives.
- Assists in various activities including marketing, PR, retail development, event management, and, in conjunction with the local Retail Manager, buyer relationships.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Masters, Post Graduate or advanced Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Atleast2 years’ experience in licensing or sales, preferably in FMCG or branded consumer goods industries. Experience in an international/cross-cultural environment is considered a plus.
- Fluent in written & spoken English and Spanish.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Strategical awareness and thinker, innovative, creative and extremely detail oriented and focused.
- Problem solving & analytical ability and a high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships.
What do we have to offer? We offer a fulltime position with a competitive salary and a bonus structure.In the Barcelona office we provide a fun, engaging and fast-paced working environment, where we make decisions very quickly and where creativity and teamwork is the core of our culture. We believe that as our employees grow professionally, so will Mattel. We grow through diverse learning opportunities that elevate our knowledge, skills and aspirations. Right from the beginning, our employees have the opportunity to take responsibility for interesting projects and various challenging tasks. We work with passion but alsotake time to play a game with our colleagues. The dress code at Mattel is business casual - every day.
How to apply: Do you see yourself as a match for this job? Then we look forward to your application in English! *Please make sure to clearly motivate your application *to help us gain a deeper understanding of how your background, ambition and personality fits to this role and in which aspects you still find a challenge for yourself. Please also include your availability and salary expectation.
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Consumer Products Associate
Requisition Number: 171429
Zip Code: 08036
Job Category: Licensing