Vectrus Water & Waste Water Treatment Plant Supervisor in Spain
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Responsible for the planning, operations, management, and daily supervision of water and waste water related activities for Moron AB, Spain. Works on water and waste water related solutions exercising independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining TSBMCII Program results in concert with and at the direction of the Site Manager. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the potable water production and waste water processing activities at Moron AB. The Water Treatment Supervisor has responsibility and authority of the potable water and waste water related activities at Moron AB.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Manages daily tasks and work orders involving water and waste water treatment operations and maintenance.
- Oversees the monthly testing of potable water conducted by a subcontractor lab.
- Oversees the storm water pollution prevention program, drinking water program, wastewater sampling program
- Schedules personnel to operate and maintain equipment at the treatment facility.
- Manages potable water and wastewater operations during emergency responses.
- Establishes adequate material, chemicals, and equipment inventories for system needs.
- Budgets, monitors, and controls water and wastewater department costs.
- Submits projects for planning and upgrading water, sewer, and waste water treatment facilities, to include related pumping systems.
- Monitors the status of sludge haul at facilities and status of drying beds,
- Oversees the operation, maintenance and installation of chlorine injection systems.
- Draft the necessary reports per Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Ensures the water treatment plant and waste water treatment plant maintain compliance with PWS requirements & applicable regulations..
- Pursue training courses for certifications to comply with the PWS for self and select team members that enhance knowledge of utilities, safety, and management.
- Reviews construction plans and provide inspections,if necessary, for various projects.
- Manages Pretreatment Program, to include inspections, testing, and other items to ensure compliance.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with a diverse team of personnel.MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:Personal computer, printer, calculator, copy machine, general office equipment, and water and wastewater treatment and laboratory testing equipment.WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Work is on Moron Air Base. General office and shop environment. Expectation is the supervisor will frequently visit the water and waste water treatment facilities to inspect, and insure treatment plant operators’ compliance with the PWS.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Work is weighted toward the field environment; however, some work is conducted in an office or shop environment. May walk in rough terrain, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers for job functions. The ability to reach with hands and arms, and the ability to voice communicate is required. The Supervisor must have hand-eye coordination necessary to operate various tools and equipment of the trade, and able to lift at least 50 pounds. The Supervisor must be able to work under adverse conditions including; darkness, wet weather, hot weather, etc., and will be required to supervise work, which is performed primarily outdoors.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High school graduate or equivalent. Possess a minimum of a Class B water treatment plant operator (Level 3) certification or equivalent. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering or technical field is preferred.
Experience : 6 years of Water and Waste Water experience with at least two year’s managerial experience. Experience with municipal Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment, as well as knowledge of Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection systems is preferred.
Supervises a staff of Spanish employees.
General Guidance & Direction
Title: Water & Waste Water Treatment Plant Supervisor
Requisition ID: TUR000177
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.